Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Spiritual Scrapbooking

I get the magazine Today's Christian Woman which i love! (thanks Kay Lyn!) Anyway, i received my newest issue the other day and there was this little blurb about spiritual scrapbooking on the bottom of a page. It gave a few suggestions about how to incorporate your personal faith journey into your albums. one suggestion i particularly liked was to do a gratitude album. The instructions simply say to use one letter of the alphabet per page to highligh what you're thankful for. Let me back up a little bit.

Andrew has been having a pretty hard time adjusting to life in S. Texas. he doesn't feel like he fits in with the kids here because he doesn't speak the spanish language, and he's having a hard time making friends , etc. etc. The other day he had a pretty emotional melt-down and went on and on about how horrible his life was. Anyway, Richard and I talked with him for a long time and my plan is to let him do one of these album. So as i was pondering over this idea for andrew, i started thinking for myself of things that i'm thankful for. here's what my list looks like so far. Maybe you could helo me fill in the blanks...

A...Andrew and Aaron
B...Beach (It's where i can feel really close to God and His creation)
C...Creative memories of course, Christmas Music (it's my favorite)
D...Daddy ( a little girl loves her daddy)
E...Eva (My Mom, and my closest Girl-friend)
F...Family and Friends, faith and Freedom
G...GOD, Girl-friends, Grandparents
H... Happiness
I... Inspiration
J... Jesus
K...Karleene (i have the greatest mom-in-law)
L... LOVE!
M...Music
N...North Carolina (I miss it.)
O...
P...Pumpkin Pie (hey it's Thanksgiving and i couldn't think of anything else that started w/ P)(oh yeah, Pete-my cat)
Q...Quiet time especially w/ God
R...RICHARD!!!
S...Scrapbooking, Sister's
T... Time with my kids and husband.
U...
V... Voice of God
W...
X...
Y...all of YOU
Z...Zoey (my dog)


i encourage each of you to give this some thought and i'd love to hear what you're thankful for.

love you all...

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hiya Sis,
I had a few thoughts about your alphabet. I= Inspiration, V= Voice of God. The list is a wonderful idea, I am making one of my own.
I love you and miss you,
Michelle