Monday, December 8, 2008

I'm free at last!!!!

This is my precious kitty cat Pete. Richard wouldn't call him precious, but i think he is. He is a sweet cat and he's a lover when it comes to me. Up until we moved to Texas he was an indoor-outdoor cat, mostly outdoor except in the winter. He was not to fond of the cold, much like me! Anyway, we moved to TX in October of 2007 that means we've been here a little over a year. Pete has been an indoor cat since then and the only contact with the outside he's had was when we were in NC for a month this summer and I let him out there and sitting in an open window here. Anyway, the weather was so nice yesterday and he was sitting by the door so i opened the door to see what he would do. He was so happy to get out. He spent most of the afternoon on the porch basking in the sun and sometime out in the grass grazing (I guess it's been a while since he's had any grass to eat).


What a happy puddy-tat!!!!
One funny thing is that Petey has always been a rather slim cat, but since he's been inside with little exercise he's put on a little weight on he can barely fit through the bars on the porch. He has to go really slow or else he gets stuck around the hip area. I guess he forgot he can jump up and over the rail.
Later that evening I let him out again. This time he went off the porch and was gone for a long time. When he wasn't back before I went to bed I started worrying a little but i knew he's come back. I even told Richard it'll probably be 2:00AM when he does. And did i ever call that one~! At 1:47 Aaron came in my room with a bad dream so while I was up with him I decided to check on Pete. i opened the back door and called him quietly since it was as late as it was, and there he was, ready to come in. Whew! am I relieved that he came back. I think Richard was more relieved or else I'd be getting a kitten for Christmas!

No comments: