Monday, December 15, 2008

Deck the Halls

I'm finally getting some decoraations up. I'm slow getting to it this year, but I think we finally finished tonight.I just wanted to share a few of my favorite things to put out each year. If we had a bigger place with shelves to display things, some of these things I would leave out year round.
This is my Nativity. It's by Willow Creek which I love. There are a few pieces I still need to complete the scene like the three Wise men and the cache, but I just love this. This is the first thing I would leave out year round. It reminds me of God's gift to us and of how much He loves us.


My next favorite thing about Christmas is Santa. This is called the Kneeling Santa. He's kneeling by baby Jesus praying. Once again, this reminds us that Jesus is the real reason we celebrate Christmas, even Santa knows this. I like to think he's praying to God, thanking Him for the ultimate and first Christmas Gift, His Son.


This piece I got last year for Christmas. If you look closely at the book Santa is holding it's the Bible. Yet another reminder not to get caught up in the commercial aspect of Christmas, but to slow down and listen to the Bible, even Santa does.


This last thing is just funa and makes me smile. Santa in a hula-skirt should make anyone smile. You can't see it in this picture, but behind Santa is a small radio and if you push the antenae it plays Jingle Bells in Hawaii-sounding tunes. Santa is supposed to sway back and forth at the hips but I think I pushed the radio antenae a few too many times.

Hope this brings a few smiles to a few faces. And I pray that everyone will just remember and try to keep in their hearts the true meaning of Christmas, even Santa does.

1 comment:

Mylinda said...

Thanks for sharing! I love the willow stuff too!