Sunday, May 4, 2008

busy, busy, busy



Wow. Things have gone from some ole, same ole to really busy in the last few days. Richard actually managed a 4 day weekend and we've been taking full advantage of it. It's mostly been about Andrew since this is the weekend of his birthday and also the first year we haven't been able to have a "small"(LOL) family party for him. We wanted to make it special for him...although Aaron and Zoey managed to make a few appearances in there as well. Friday we went to the beach at South Padre Island. We took Zoey for the first time ever to the beach. What fun that was she did a lot better than we imagined she would. And for being a retriever, she's not very fond of water, that is, not until she discovered the ocean. The dog loved it! We had to keep her close to the beach because she would go out where she couldn't touch and get tossed under by the waves. There was a strong under-tow that day so i was a little nervous about letting her go out too far.
Enjoy these short movies.






Then on Saturday we finished game 3 of a mid-Season baseball tournament in the town/city of Hildalgo (which is about 10 miles from Mission). The boys didn't win but they played hard. The final score was 9-8. Bummer. We all thought they had it, too. While we were waiting at the field for the games to start, Aaron and I would go to the playground and wait. This is where Aaron makes one of his appearances. I call these pictures "GIVE YOUR GRANDMOTHERS A HEART-ATTACK!"


On Saturday we went to a fun place in McAllen called The Zone. The inside is kinda like Chuck E Cheese, but the outside is really cool, especially for boys. They have a go-kart track, batting cages, bumper boats, and miniature golf. Andrew took a friend, Darren, ANd the rest of our family went. I had the most fun on the bumper boats. Aaron really wanted to ride the boats so i took him in one boat, Andrew and Darren each had their own boat, and two other kids I don't know had their own boats. NOW, I'm the only adult out there and poor Aaron is stuck with me. What we didn't realize was the boats had a button to squirt water at other boats. YEAH. LOL. Even the two kids we didn't know where spraying me with water. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and i think i was wetter from this than any water ride at Disney or Sea World! We had a blast! And thank goodness Richard was there to take pictures.


Today is kind of a restful day as Sunday should be. Richard took Andrew to the movies to see IRONMAN While Aaron and I are chillin'.

I know this weekend was about Andrew, and I didn't really tell you much about him, but I'll do that in another post.

I hope you have all had a great weekend and I pray that the Lord poured his blessings on each of you as he did us this weekend.

No comments: