Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Play Ball !!!





Well, I'm back. So far I think we're virus and threat clean. So let's see how this goes...



So much has happened since I last posted anything that I'm not sure where to start. So, I guess I'll just go with the scrapbookers rule "start current and work backwards."



Last, week started our first season of Little league baseball in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas. Not a lot of differnces here except if we were still in NC, Andrew would probably be playing kid-pitch this year if not still machine pitch. But here, we're still on coach pitch which is fine with us. He wasn't placed on the team we had hoped for with friends he'd made from basketball and another good friend that lives in the same community as we do, but again that's okay too.

His team is the Jays as in the Toronto Blue Jays. All the teams are named after MLB teams, except the Marlins, I don;t remember seeing a team named after them, but all the major teams were covered...the Yankees, the Pirates, the Dodgers, the Braves, etc... Tonight is the third game and so far we haven't won any games, but the kids are holding their own so i'm sure they will have a few wins to brag about. So here are some pictures...enjoy.



Oh yeah, one of the coaches used to play professional baseball until he was called up for a military obligation (at least that's all we've heard so far) he's pretty good and very smart and the kids are learning a lot from him.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see Andrew playing ball. He always seems to like baseball and the more he plays, the better he gets. I sure do miss watching the games. Show'em how it's done, Buddy! Mom C.

Mylinda said...

Yeah, baseball!! Whoo hoo! You know I love that! I'll be sure to tell Indy that Drew is playing. Tell him good luck and to have fun! Indy's in the all star game this Saturday. I know Drew will do great!