Let me start by saying hello again. i think the computers good now. seems to be working at the moment anyway.
So here's the newest. it's no secret that Richard and I are not happy with the school systems here and we would really lilke to get the boys into a christian school, especially Andrew. So anyway, at a MOPS meeting this month (Mothers Of Preschoolers) at church and our guess speaker was the Director/Principal of a private christian school here in Mcallen. She was very encouraging to the women who homeschool and very positive about children in Christan Schools. She went on to tell us about the people who work there and how the only really requiremnt is to love God and children. I was so inspired by her. I came home and told Richard all about how I wish we could afford to get the boys back into a school like hers. We started talking and decided i should apply for a job for at least the fall if not the summer. employees get a discount off the tuition for the kids, great huh? so anyway. i went by and picked ua an application. this is not like any application i've ever filled out before. On seperate paper i had to answer in 2 to 3 paragraphs several questions. and the final thing i had to do is write out my testimony. Have you ever done this before? what a way to explore ones own faith. I was telling my mom about the experience and encouraged her to do the same. I'm not sure if she did but i know she was going to use this suggestion at her Senior alert group at her church. any way , having said all this, i wanted to share my testimony with you all. maybe God will use it in a positive way...
My Testimony
I was raised in a Christian home and I was saved at a very young age. I remember my mom praying with me and helping me ask Jesus into my life. Through the years, I knew God was always with me and that if I ever needed Him all I had to do was pray. But it was always on my terms. It wasn’t until a few years ago that I was fully aware of what it meant to walk with God. A lot of things happened within the course of a year; 9-11, my father-in-law was killed tragically in a motorcycle accident, my own battle with depression, and my only sister told me she didn’t believe in God. That’s when things started to change for me. I turned to God for guidance and answers. Some I received immediately, some I’m still waiting for. There have been a lot of bumps in the road, even though some feel more like mountains, but I have tried to keep my eyes focused on God because I know He is the only one who can get me through. There are still times I choose to ignore him and try things on my own, but of course, I always come back to the Father. God is so gracious, patient, and kind but he has a firm hand when he needs to, just like a father should.
My favorite scripture is Psalms 23. I always refer to it when I feel sad or confused, lost or overwhelmed. Max Lucado’s Traveling Light helped me get deep into the meaning of this scripture. The psalmist choose to illustrate it as a shepherd leading his flock, and how fitting a description it is. What a great way to show how we, the sheep, need God, the shepherd. Sometimes he has to use his rod or staff to guide us. Sometimes we follow, but sometimes we do not. When we are lost he will come find us and bring us back. The shepherd knows where the good resting places are and where to get a refreshing drink. But yet again we, the sheep, choose not to listen and he “makes [us] lie down in green pastures.” There have been times he has actually knocked my feet out from under me, forcing me to rest. Looking back now I’m very thankful he did. We are so blessed to have a “shepherd” taking care of us the way God does.
My ultimate goals in life are to raise godly children, and to see my Savior in Heaven. Being a Christian is not easy, but it is rewarding. You may not see the rewards here on earth, but who needs earthly wealth anyway? I’d rather store up riches in Heaven than here on earth. I want people to see that something is different about me and want what I have. I want to be the light that leads others to God.
2 comments:
I love it! What a great post! I always enjoy hearing people's testimonies. It really can give you an insight into their souls and lives. Thanks for sharing. :-)
I think Aaron's future may be in photography. lol good start. What a great experience for Andrew. I know he just loved that.
An inspiring testimony. I sure hope you get that job. (But for the fall, not vacation time.)
Mom C.
Post a Comment