I told Andrew this story was blog worthy so I guess I should share it.
He is reading a book for school, I'm not even sure what the title is, but in the book the main character was apparently having supper: Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, broccoli and cheese, and apple salad. So Andrew comes to me and says that sounds good can we have this for supper. "Sure!" I said. I really didn't have anything planned. He likes to help me cook so together we made the meatloaf, peeled and cooked potatoes for mashing, steamed the broccoli, and concocted a cheese sauce out of Borden's American cheese slices and milk (I wasn't sure it would work, but it was actually pretty good). Now, normally when i fix broccoli I only steam it with a little butter so to have cheese was a treat for the boys. Needless to say it was a big hit, I mean what kid doesn't like cheese? They ate all the broccoli we prepared and Andrew even fixed more. The two of them a lot of broccoli that night. Andrew even wanted to take some for lunch the next day but there is no way for him to heat it up to melt the cheese. Anyway, for a mom who is always looking for a way to get her kids to eat more vegetables, you would think I would have thought of cheese sooner. I guess we're never too old to learn.
1 comment:
Great idea. You just never know. Mom C.
Post a Comment